Common tax system enables free movement of goods services and people
Taxation provides the system with resources that can be applied to the benefit of all.
This proposal includes a common taxation system, supported by common Property and asset registers, and a common law.
A common tax system:
- enables free movement of goods, services and people
- enables global service funding
- simplifies global employment and trade, and increases commercial efficiency.
- removes opportunities for individuals and organisations to commit cross nation tax fraud and obfuscate assets and income
- levels commercial competition amongst regions and reduces opportunities for unfair trade practices, and the demand for tariffs.
- Regional taxation systems - while they could enable regions to tackle specific regional issues, they can also be used as a competitive weapon. This proposal does not include diverse regional taxes. Taxation should be consistent globally to reduce the risk of regional competition.